Intergenerational Lay Worker
This post is part of a joint initiative and partnership between the Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury Methodist District and the Diocese of Hereford.
The Methodist church is seeking to appoint an Intergenerational Lay Worker with particular focus on developing discipleship and mission for young people and teenagers in the Clun, Bishop’s Castle and Craven Arms areas.
The Anglican church will be complimenting this role with an Intergenerational Lay Worker based in Craven Arms with a focus on supporting young families.
Both positions carry the support of the Shropshire and Marches Methodist Circuit and the Condover Deanery.
The Methodist church is looking for a self-confident, self-motivated individual, who can evidence a strong sense of calling to connect people with Jesus.
The successful candidate will be a persuasive and compassionate communicator, who is adaptable to changing priorities and circumstances particularly in a rural context.
Remuneration: a competitive package that includes:
- Salary: £10,400 per annum with a first review on 1/9/2020 and annually thereafter.
- Terms of appointment: Fixed Term until 1st September 2022
- Normal working pattern: 20 hours per week working flexibly over daytime, evenings and weekends across the 3 sites.
- Opportunities for study and for training.
- All reasonable expenses and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- There is a contributory pension scheme to which eligible lay employees will be auto enrolled
Deadline for applications noon, 20th September 2019.
Interview date 30th September 2019 at Craven Arms Methodist church.
Please contact the District office to request an application pack on 01902 658383 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org