Project Coordinator – Linking Lives Aldridge – A Project of Aldridge Methodist Church
Are you passionate about helping to address social isolation and loneliness? Are you well organised and a great communicator? Are you confident in starting things from scratch? Then we need you.
We are setting up a new project working to help address the high levels of social isolation and loneliness in our community. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, proactive, and who enjoys supporting other people.
Project Coordinator for Linking Lives Aldridge
Hours: 20 hours per week.
Salary: £12,480 per annum.
Place of work: Aldridge Methodist Church, Anchor Road, Aldridge, WS9 8PT.
Holidays: 28 days per annum pro-rata.
Probationary Period: 6 months.
Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place.
Purpose of the Job: this post holder will coordinate the setting up, and manage the day to day activities, of the Linking Lives Aldridge Project which will include:
- a befriending service using the ‘Living Lives UK’ model
- a ‘Place of Welcome’
- a ‘Holiday at Home’ scheme
Your will be responsible for:
- developing links and working effectively and collaboratively with statutory agencies, voluntary organisations & local GP surgeries to ensure suitable referrals are maintained and the scheme is meeting identified needs
- recruiting, training and overseeing volunteers
- assessing the needs, abilities and requirements of referrals and identifying the most appropriate befriender for them to be paired with
- ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures, including safeguarding and data protection.
The successful applicant will have previous experience, be sympathetic to working in a Christian project and will be computer literate. DBS enhanced disclosure will be required.
Application pack available from The Revd. Bev Boden or in writing from 32 Selmans Hill, Bloxwich, Walsall, WS3 3RL.
Closing date for applications is Friday 5 July 2019. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 8 July 2019.